United Discussion | Key moments from Carrick's press conference after Hull
Carrick is calm and measured despite defeat over Hull City
Here were some of the key moments from his press conference
Author | Peter Shaw
When asked about whether his was his worst day with the club
"I don't think it's the worst, it's a game that we've lost, right? So it's hugely disappointing, of course it is. We came here to win, like we do any game, and to not take anything away is hugely disappointing. It's not more than that, not less than that. It's one game, and we're disappointed we haven't won. We've got to soak it up and come back stronger."
Carrick accepts the result
"We accept it. We got beat, and we're hurting. It's not a nice feeling at all. It doesn't mean we're changing the whole direction of how we're going as a football club and a team. Results can happen in football. "
"We all understand that. It's not nice when they do, but it does happen. We can be better, and we will be better. Some things will be much better, but some things were actually alright in the game. It gets lost as we got beat, but I understand that as well."
Whether we have an issue playing against a back five
"We haven't lost many games in six or seven months. I get it. We lost today. I understand it and the questions to ask but it doesn't mean everything is wrong. We lost a game. We did some good things today. I understand it gets lost but it doesn't get lost from our point of view. With issues playing different systems, you've got to find answers for that. Just because we lose one game, it doesn't mean everything needs dissecting and is wrong from our point of view. I understand, from others, it happens and that's how it is."
Immediate reaction to today
— The View From K Stand (@viewfromkstand) August 22, 2026
Ignoring ticketing issues, some ridiculous nonsense from a few reds after that. https://t.co/QIMd8AsIn6
Remaining calm
"I know a lot goes on outside of our football club. I understand the responsibility I've got but it doesn't make me do things differently, just because of that."

Comments
Post a Comment